Friday, January 18, 2019

Thank you!

A big thank you to parents for venturing out on this cold and snowy Friday for Assessment Day!  I look forward to sharing your child's progress with you at Parent Teacher Conferences (Wednesday, February 13th).  A Sign Up for conferences will be available soon, so watch for an invite. 

A few words about report cards:
I have gotten a few questions regarding report cards, which are available through Infinite Campus.  Please take report cards in kindergarten with a grain of salt.  The district report card does not do a very good job of measuring the academic progress of our youngest learners.  Our mid-year assessments will give you a much better idea of how your student is progressing.  At this point in kindergarten, expect to see a lot of 2s.  We are only half way through the year and have much to cover.  A 2 means making progress toward the standard.  A 3 would indicate that the student has already mastered the standard and is performing at an end of the year level. 

Final note:
I am so happy to be back in the classroom with these sweet, wonderful children!  At this time, I am working 1/2 days in the morning while I continue to heal.  Lucky for us, Mrs. Palte has agreed to continue working the afternoons.  I apologize for not posting as much as I would like.  My energy is not quite back normal and I want to conserve it for working with the kids.  Please, please, e-mail or call if you have any questions or concerns and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  




No comments:

Post a Comment